Tuesday, March 3, 2015

one month later


Happy March! It's insane to think that it's been a whole month since I arrived in Buenos Aires. I've fallen in love with the pace of the city, the delicious food that my homestay mama makes (tonight's tomato soup was to die for), the colorful art that can be found everywhere you go, and some of the most wonderful people who have made my time here so worth it. Even though it seems like I just got here last week, I'm already a quarter of the way done with my semester in South America. There's still so much to do and see!

Today was actually the first day of school for students in Argentina. On my way to class, I caught glimpses of parents sending their children off to school hand-in-hand. Kids here wear these funny little stark white lab coats as uniforms; they all look like future doctors. It's still summer for another three weeks below the equator until autumn slips in and the temperature cools down a little bit. I made the silly (perhaps intentional) mistake of packing mostly summer clothes. Guess I got a little excited for warm weather back when my self-diagnosed seasonal affective disorder was in full swing in New York. I just made official plans to spend my (spring) break hiking in Patagonia in Chile. I've been telling people that I'll either come back super emaciated or super ripped haha. 

Anyways, I didn't really know where I was going when I started this post. I have some photos to share from my second weekend trip in the past month to Tigre, a town in the Greater Buenos Aires province, but work is actually starting to pile up just a teeny bit on my end this week. I'll sort through them sometime soon. Meanwhile, here's a photo of me enjoying my fav afternoon snack earlier today: banana con dulce de leche (the ice cream flavor tastes even better). 

0 comments:

Post a Comment