Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Merry makings

"in the warm New York 4 o’clock light we are drifting back and forth
between each other like a tree breathing through its spectacles"
                       - "Having a Coke with You"by Frank O'Hara

A tidbit of one of my favorite poems! It is especially more  beautiful when O'Hara himself reads it himself here.  I took my last final today (150 neuroscience questions in just 30 minutes!), and so I'm glad to say that I've officially completed my first semester of college! Time really does fly, and I'll be so sad when freshman year comes to a close because it's been so rad. Nonetheless, it is so, so, so wonderful to finally have absolutely zero academic work to do for the next 6 weeks! Besides  spending my time with my loved ones, I cannot wait to just kick back and relax. The pile of books I've put off to read has been waiting for me all semester. 

After my final, I headed out with David and Preems to the holiday shops at Bryant Park, the New York Public Library (Schwarzman building), Grand Central, and Rockefeller Center. Also took a detour to St. Patrick's Cathedral which is sadly still in restoration, but nonetheless extremely beautiful on the inside despite the scaffolding. I felt like such a tourist, but these NYC landmarks never get old. 


      
Liliana Porter's Disguise
Liliana Porter's La Linea (The Line)
Paul C├ęsar Helleu's astronomical ceiling. The constellations appear backwards as though the artists purposely painted them in reverse.
Grand Central's 12th Annual Holiday Train Show! The models were so picturesque and lifelike.
The 76-foot Norway Spruce at Rockefeller Center

Hope all of you have a wonderful and happy holiday :-)

4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! Christmastime in NYC is always beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. really beautiful and heart warming christmas images in the city!
    P.S. Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

    Check out my outfit post featuring Breaking Rocks Clothing :)
    ALxx
    RASSP blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. i really like your blog!
    xxx
    Lauren Taylor

    www.crinanwoods.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of your pictures are so lovely! They kind of make me want to cry-- in a good way, of course.
    Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete